In fear that my Easter nests didn’t cut it as Easter baking (and that there will probably be none left by Easter … they’re that good), I had to whip up a batch of cupcakes. I love Easter … there’s so many cute ideas and so many fun colors to incorporate!
- your favorite carrot cake recipe (I promise, I’ll share mine one day ;))
- cream cheese frosting (here’s how to make mine)
- 12 ounces of shredded coconut
- a bag of egg shaped candies (I used speckled M&Ms)
- food coloring
- Bake cupcakes according to recipe
- Once cooled pipe a generous amount of frosting
- In separate bowls, dye your shredded coconut (or keep white)
- Roll dyed cupcakes into shredded coconut
- Place a few egg shaped candies in center or stick a toothpick into a Peep and stick in the middle of your cupcake
The best part? My favorite 7 year old helped my decorate these little gems.
Hope you’re having a great Easter weekend!