Until recently, I haven’t given the cringe-worthy 80s bathroom tile color a chance … but now I’m obsessed. I went shopping over the weekend and am now 100% diggin’ this minty hue. I ended up with an array of mint pieces…Mint tops, dresses, shorts … oh my.
Not only is it a universally flattering color, there’s no other color (at least in my Pantone color palette) that soothes quite like mint green. It always looks so fresh, comfortable and feminine. The calming shade is a beautiful mix between blue and green and gives off a light, airy vibe. I’m a big fan of pairing mint with a neutral to add a pop of color. The whimsical color gives a refreshing twist to your look.
earrings – $5, forever 21 // necklace – $8.50, Wet Seal // jacket – $59, H&M //pants – $29, Topshop // top – $14, H&M //boots – $99, Steve Madden //clutch = $1910, Yves Saint Laurent // bangles – $7, Forever 21
top – $58, OASIS // clutch = $1420, Yves Saint Laurent // skirt – $27, topshop // bracelets – $140, Nicola Hinrichsen // earrings – $48, Kate Spade // shoes – $79, Dorthy Perkins
How are you liking the color?
Hope everyone is having a beautiful Sunday and had a truly perfect weekend!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
There’s something so nostalgic about a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. It was my favorite packed lunch growing up and was ecstatic when my mom packed one as my lunch growing up. Peanut butter and jelly cupcakes are a nice trip back into your childhood days … in cupcake form.
For someone who is an absolute cupcake lover, it’s been quite a while since I made cupcakes “just because”. Until yesterday, I couldn’t remember the last time I baked cupcakes that weren’t for a particular event (birthday, bake sale, holiday, etc) and knew time was well over due.
Ingredients — Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted, roasted peanuts
- Preheat to 375 degrees F. Line cupcake pans with liners
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and mix in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Mix in sour cream and peanuts.
- Bake for about 19-22 minutes or until golden.
Ingredients — Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 table spoons milk, or as needed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable
- Add vanilla
- Beat for at least 3 minutes, or until fluffy
- Spread onto cooled cupcakes
- Decorate with a dollop of jelly and crushed peanuts
The flavors that mimic and recreate my childhood and current cupcake baking love are paired together to construct a treat that brings us all back to the days of our youth.
With award season is full blossom right now, and the Oscar’s just a few days away, I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect Oscar party decor. I love any excuse to host a party, especially when it entails glam, cocktails and celebrities.
While on an Etsy binge, I found these Oscar inspired invitations from Girl In Gear Studio. A party isn’t official unless there’s invitations, am I right? We’re big on invitations over here.
I also found this printable ballot sheet from Catch My Party. Now that’s a party!
Maybe it’s wishful thinking (perhaps it’s because I love Bradly Cooper), but I say Silver Linings Playbook sweeps the house. Thoughts?
Hey y’all. It’s been a long few weeks. Sorry for the time away.
Is it just me or regardless of how many days you have off,
or does the the day you come back
ALWAYS feels like Monday?
On a brighter note, at least it’s a short week. Make the best of it!
(find this adorable print here)
Happy 2013, y’all! It’s that time of year again when we all become a little neurotic and decide that it’s time to start better habits. Eat healthier, shed a few pounds, stop with nasty habits … we’ve all heard those before. I wasn’t planning on creating resolutions this year, but throughout the day, I came up with some things I’d like to adhere to in 2013. We can always improve on something, right?
Make More Me Time. With a hectic schedule, I don’t always allow myself to enjoy life and have “me” time. Whether it’s catching up on a new novel or taking the dog for an extra long walk, this year is my year to enjoy myself. Life is too short .
Wear heels more. If you saw my shoe closet you’d think I only wore heels (heels for days!). Unfortunately I don’t wear them as often as you’d think. Being only 5’2″, girl needs some height in 2013 ;)
Go natural. I admit it, I spend entirely too much time blow drying & straightening my hair. Since I was 14 years old, I’ve rarely embraced my natural curly hair. Curls for 2013.
D0 you have any resolutions?